The information age

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Nov 26 13:40:04 CST 2019

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019, dwight via cctalk wrote:
> It is such a shame that in the "information age", we have lost so much
> of the information. It doesn't help when we have people like Jobs that
> like to write their own version.

As I understand it, he has personally stopped doing that.

> It is even worse when companies think it is a law suite risk to keep
> information more than a year. It is all lost.

Not only the liability, but the assumption that it is being stored
somewhere else, and therefore the physical forms are no more than an
inconvenient waste of space.
(cf. 1970s purge of episodes of Doctor Who, and 2019 destruction of all
YahooGroups files)

> "The information lost age"
It is written in sand.