UniBone: Linux-to-DEC-UNIBUS-bridge, year #1

Daniel Seagraves dseagrav at lunar-tokyo.net
Tue Nov 19 10:05:52 CST 2019

> On Nov 19, 2019, at 5:41 AM, Jörg Hoppe via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Several people asked to make UniBone PDP-10able, it should be not problem.
>
> UNIBUS PA,PB are (like all other signals) just pins on a GPIO multiplier, no interpretation is done in hardware.
>
> On software side the PRU must sample 18bit instead of 16bit for DATA, then lots of "uint16_t" must be changed to "uint32_t" in the whole software stack.
>
> Not clear what to do with existing device emulators: did DEC construct 18bit mutants for a few PDP-11 peripherals to run them in KS10?

As far as I know, only the (disk) RH11-C uses the extra two bits; The tape RH11 and all other options are unmodified PDP-11 stuff.

In my case, I would need to emulate an RH11-C, a Chaosnet, and an IMP interface if possible.
Emulating DZ11s as TCP targets as well would be nice, but I have physical DZ11s if there’s not enough capacity left.