3270 controller simulation

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Mon Nov 18 10:47:03 CST 2019

On 11/18/2019 12:05 AM, jim stephens via cctalk wrote:

> Looks like a VT100 screen.  I am hoping it's really running 3270 on the
> thing.
>
> Look at the bottom below the line.  has VT100 on that line where the
> 3270 status
> would be.

Though I have worked with real 3270's in the past, I am no expert on the
CUT or DFT protocols.  However, it would not surprise me at all if, for
a 3278, that information is provided by the controller -- but not as
part of the data stream that the host computer sees.

I found these documents, but they don't address that status line,
because they are for the older 3271/3272 controllers.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/3270/3271-3272_to_Device_Interface_Spec_May74.pdf
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/3270/fe/ANR-specification-1975.pdf

JRJ