RX01 wants

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 06:19:07 CST 2019

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 9:18 AM Paul Anderson via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> The DEC ones
> can sometimes be converted to RX02s. I think the older (RX01 only) were the
> M7726 and M7727.
> The newer RX02 boards, M7744 and M7745, can be used for either.
> DISCLAIMER!! I'm taking
> the board numbers off the top of my head. They could be wrong.

I think the boards are very different and thus easily distinguished :

The RX02 boards (which can be set to RX01 mode with a DIP switch on
the controller board) :

Are interconnected by a 20 way cable ending in Berg connectors
The controller board has a pair of 2901s (40 pin chips) and a 2 position
DIP switch on it.

The RX01 boards :
Are interconnected by a 16 way cable with DIL headers
The controller board has no 40 pin ICs, no DIP switch. But it has
a 36 way DEC-style edge connector for a KM11 board

-tony