Discord

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Sat Nov 16 01:01:25 CST 2019

J said
Discord is great for real time text chat back and forth. There are also audio and video channels if people want to use that to talk verbally or via video. >
> I’d rather not turn this into a long debate of whether discord is good or bad or anything like that. I’m just saying it’s there, and it’s quicker to get ahold of me that way at times.

I'm not sure if the feature of more real-time conversation on Discord would be of much if any benefit to me.

Since I am at +10 GMT most of the conversation on cctalk already happens during the small hours here, so
in the morning I have the bulk of the day's worth of US/Europe timezoned postings to browse through with
questions posed and already answered in numerous followups (and 'For Sale' items well and truly snapped up :)

If I was on after midnight local time, I guess it might be useful and I should take a look at it, but so
far I'm pretty happy with cctalk as it is now.

Steve.