TI994/A Power Supply

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 12:44:17 CST 2019

On 11/15/19 1:29 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2019, Jules Richardson via cctalk wrote:
>> OK, the cord "fits", but having looked at it now I'm not at all
>> convinced, either. The two-pin socket is actually the same as the
>> four-pin socket on the other two machines, but with the upper two pins
>> (intentionally) missing.
>> The PSU board inside appears to be a switcher, but I'd be inclined to
>> agree with Allison that it's intended to run from low-voltage AC (I've
>> put the machine back together now, but just realized that I should
>> have checked the voltage rating on the rectifier stage's caps).
>
> If somebody found a mains cord that "fits" and plugged it in with the
> low voltage AC input connected to the wall, then it might not be happy now.
>
> You might want to avail yourself of some of Allison's expertise.
> Might I suggest a box of 8" floppies for XMAS?

Omph,
Its close enough to the Early HP detachable cord and yes if thats
done (could not scream nooo loud or fast enough) the result is
both load and spectacular.

I forget the ideal voltage though.  The only transformer are
ones floating loose are the 4pin plug versions.  But there
are TI 99/4A sites on the net with all that.

I have a crate of 8" used and a box or two of NIB. They seem
to last if they don't say noname or Memorex blackwatch  ;)
I use them more for RX01/02.

Allison