WANTED: iSBC-202 microcode image

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 14:52:10 CST 2019

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 7:17 AM Jay Jaeger via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> The iSBC 202 is actually two boards:  a controller, PSA 1000467 and a
> interface board PWA 1001036.
>
> There are 4 PROMS on the controller/channel board, intel D3604 (512x8),
> labelled A10: 52-722, A11: 52-729, A12: 52-741 and A13: 52-735 .  I
> presume these are what you are looking for.

I've just sent F.Ulivi a tarball with the PROM dumps I have from both the
SBC 202 and SBC 201, which are the double-density (M2FM, Intel proprietary
format) and single-density (FM, IBM standard format) controllers,
respectively. They use the same channel controller board but different
firmware and different interface boards.

The 52-nnn and 91-nnnnn part numbers are the ordering part numbers for
service parts for the Intel development systems. The PROMs also have a
"pattern number" which is unique only with regard to the PROM type (Intel
3604/3604A).

There are other versions in existence, but these are what I have:

ctlr  posn  p/n       pattern
----  ----  --------  -------
201   A10   52-606    0236
201   A11   52-607    0237
201   A12   52-608    0238
201   A13   52-633    0239

202   A10   52-722    0230
202   A11   91-00277  0261     (this may be a newer version of 52-741,
which may have been pattern 0231)
202   A12   52-741    0233
202   A13   52-735    0232

Best regards,