TI994/A Power Supply

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 01:12:15 CST 2019

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:46 PM Jules Richardson via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I've got another /4A however which has a 2-pin plug on the back, and that
> one appears to just take plain ol' 110VAC line voltage and the PSU is
> completely internal (at least, there's a power cord with it which fits,
> but
> that one has a few broken keys and so I've never actually done anything
> with it).

I'm about 95% certain that it does NOT take line voltage in. It just has a
different internal power supply assembly that only uses one of the
low-voltage AC inputs from the external power supply instead of both. As
far as I've ever heard, there was no 99/4 or 99/4A that did not use an
external power supply.

If it were mine, I wouldn't even consider pluging it into line voltage
until doing a lot more research on exactly what's inside.