VAX & PDP-11 Stuff To Clean Out

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 03:00:59 CST 2019

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019, 19:36 Jules Richardson via cctech <
cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 11/6/19 12:16 PM, David Coolbear via cctech wrote:
> > M5976-AA KZQSA SCSI Controller Q
>
> Hmm, I could sure use one of those...

Be forewarned that a KZQSA isn't a "real" SCSI controller. It's doesn't use
MSCP, and doesn't emulate any better-supported controller. It only is
intended to support a few specific tape drives and CD-ROM drives. It's
supported in some versions of VMS; I'm not sure about Ultrix.

I don't think it can be used as a boot device, though I'm less certain
about that.