Pleas ID this IBM system....

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue May 21 16:33:21 CDT 2019

On 5/21/19 1:17 PM, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:

> I'm sure that was /a/ problem.  But I'm not comfortable attributing that
> problem to the raised floor.
>
> I expect that the same problem would be effected by an elevator that
> doesn't stop perfectly level with the floor, or has too wide a gap
> between the car and the floor, or even on tiled floor.
>
> That really seems to me like it's a sub-optimal design, pushed past it's
> operating parameters by overloading it.
>
> I can't fault the raised floor for that problem.

No, but it's just one of the anecdotes that go with the terrain, like
leaving a box or two of cards or a stack of tapes or your dinner on top
of a 1403N1 when it ran out of forms..

How well sealed were the raised floors?  I ask this because i recall an
episode or two where a disk drive would spring a leak and make a
beautiful slippery pool on the floor, just waiting for the next operator
to dash by. I always wondered how much of the stuff made it to the subfloor.

--Chuck