Service for converting CD-ROMs into ISO files?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sun May 5 08:37:54 CDT 2019

On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 11:30:49AM +0100, Dave Wade via cctalk wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I assumed you wanted some one else to do the work!
> I suspect that if these are commercial CDs you will run into issues with
> Copyright.
>  Commercial services that do Photos to CD etc. will generally want to be
> assured that you own the copyright of the material they are copying.
>  If you turn up with a pile of commercial CDs that say "COPYRIGHT xyz
> corperation" or are even commercial CDs they may not  be happy.

This.

And if the content is of any importance, I would rather do the job
with my own hand and not trust that some folks I had not seen would do
it without scratching and perhaps making a copy for themselves. You
know, just in case CDs dissapear somewhere in postal transit. And
maybe store it in the cloud because cheaper.

JP, you did not mentioned the number. "Few dozens", so let's assume
60. This thread lasts for three days and will not stop so soon. The
number of CDs to scan per day is about twenty today - and is going to
drop. Scanning ten per day, starting on May the 3rd, you would
probably be done with it before this thread comes to a halt.

Just MHO.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola