RS2030 MIPS workstation

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sat May 4 10:43:38 CDT 2019

On 5/4/19 3:00 AM, Pete Turnbull via cctalk wrote:

> Once I can get the machine to stop wailing, that will be useful!

I pulled the frame buffer out of my 2030 and got up as far as the
monitor on port 0 at 9600. My NVRAM is dead so I'm digging around
trying to find another DS1287. The machine has an XE1287 in it and
the battery terminals don't seem to be on the pin 12-13 end like the
Dallas.

I ordered a DEC BC29 cable to play with the frame buffers on the
machines that I still have.

Also, looking at the driver code it looks like the keyboard on the 2030
expects to be XT protocol.