RS2030 MIPS workstation

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Fri May 3 19:22:47 CDT 2019

On 04/05/2019 01:04, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> On 5/3/19 4:25 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
>
>>> So I'd like to know what the RAM spec really is, whether I need to reprogram the Dallas chip (and if so what goes
>>> where), and what the diagnostic numbers on the internal LED mean.  Anyone?
>>>

> I thought I threw them all away, but i just found two 3020s and a 2030 with a full set of SIMMs
> which seems to get through POST. Will try dumping the NVRAM

Thanks - that would be very useful, if you have time and suitable
hardware.  I read the pages at geekdot.com a couple of weeks ago, but
I'd not seen the MAME data.  I did find a manual about the ROM on
Bitsavers recently, so with that ans the MAME info I can probably work
out what some of those settings should be if necessary.  Sadly nothing
I've found says anything about the internal LED display, but my
suspicion is that the error is to do with bad RAM.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull