VCF/PNW Exhibit & Trip Report - The Old Calculator Museum

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 16:00:13 CDT 2019

torsdag 28 mars 2019 skrev Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>:

>     > From: Mattis Lind
>
>     > It is KATIA. Peter Lothbergs collection.
>
> Ah. I wonder where it came from originally?

It has been in use at STACKEN at least since the beginning of the 80ies
until maybe mid nineties. STACKEN is the computer club at KTH in Stockholm.

https://techworld.idg.se/2.2524/1.454545/the-stacken-story

I think that some pictures are from the big computer hall I visited when
studying at KTH. But it might be Collosal Cave Computing Center.

> That looks like a relatively 'new' one; the older KA10's had black panels.
> And it's odd (to me, at least) to see TU56's on a KA10.

It is TU55s as far as I can see.

> I wonder how many KA10's are left in the world? I have this vague memory
> that
> MIT-AI might have gone to Sweden, but I also have a memory that that was
> the
> plan, but some how it didn't happen?

/Mattis