What 6502 macro assembler was used for the AIM-65 Monitor ROM?

Klemens Krause krause at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Mar 27 08:12:17 CDT 2019

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019, Mike Stein via cctalk wrote:

> [...]
When I started working here at the university in 1982 they used MMI-
PALs in hardware developement. PALs were programmed with "PALASM 20"
or "PALASM 24" written in FORTRAN IV on the Telefunken TR-440. It had
been just retired when I started. After this "PALASM" was ported to
the successor of this machine, a VAX-780.
They had also developed an universal crossassembler "UCAMS" (Universal
Cross Assembler for Microprocessors Stuttgart). It started on the
TR-440, was then ported to the VAX, and in 2011 I succeeded to port it
to my PDP8 under OS/8. Many many overlays. :-)

In the "data catalog 1976" Intel advertises many software products
written in FORTRAN IV:
PL/M compilers for 8080 and 8008.
Crossassembler for 4004 and 4040
MAC8 and MAC40 macroassembler for 8008 and 4040
INTERP/40 simulator for 4004 and 4040
INTERP/8 and INTERP/80 simulator for 8008 and 8080
MCS-80 crossassembler for 8080
CROMIS cross microprogramming system for i3000 bit slices

In the Motorola "microcomputer development systems and subsystems"
from 1979 Motorola advertises M68EML, a m6800 emulator, M68MPLC
a crosscompiler for MPL ("based an PL/I"), M68SAM, a crosscompiler.
All written in FORTRAN and distributed on cards or magnetic tapes,
in different variants for:
Sigma 9, HP 2100, IBM360/370, Nova, Honeywell 6000, CDC 6000 and
PDP-11.

Klemens