Refillable spray can

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Mar 24 14:09:13 CDT 2019

On Sun, 24 Mar 2019, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> So this?
>
> https://www.amazon.com/EWK-Aluminum-Pneumatic-Refillable-Compressed/dp/B00JKED4MS
>
> Just be sure to use a dryer on your compressor output.  Compressed air
> can hold a lot of moisture.

Close, but that also is still intended for spraying liquids.  The first
Q&A asks, and people comment that for air, it won't hold enough ("5
seconds")  It is a tiny size, with low pressure.

A scuba "buddy bottle"/"pony bottle" can be pressurized to 3000 psi,
instead of just 90 - 150 psi.  Therefore, it needs a primary stage
regulator, to get it down well below 150, and, as Chuck mentioned, a dryer
if you don't want to spray a lot of water.

Pneumatic tools are typically run at 80 to 120 psi.
90 is the nominal standard, although many shops run at 125, or even 150,
for higher torque, at the expense of reduced tool life and safety.
Your nozzle, for OSHA compliance, must be vented, so that when
"dead-ended" blocking primary outlet, the pressure at the blocked end will
be no more than 30psi.  A compliant vented nozzle will put out far more
output pressure (when NOT dead-ended) on 90 psi, than a non-vented nozzle
at only 30 psi.

For blowing dust, you do not want or need more than about 20 psi.  A hose
from a spare tire can do.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com