What 6502 macro assembler was used for the AIM-65 Monitor ROM?

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 15:47:48 CDT 2019

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 11:14 AM Chuck Guzis via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Many cross-assemblers for early MPUs were written in (shudder!) FORTRAN.
>  There were several good reasons for this.

> I think some of the old FORTRAN code for PALASM may still be around, as
> an example.

There is a lot of FORTRAN source code in the HP 1000 software
collection on Bitsavers, including versions of PALASM20 and PALASM24
that were originally Copyright 1983 by MMI.

12025-18001_Rev-2501.src
12025-18002_Rev-2501.src

Those tools were used to build some fuse maps of PAL devices on the
A-Series boards.

There is also FORTRAN source code for DEF29 and ASM29, a microcode
meta assembler for the AMD 2900 series. Those were originally
Copyright 1980 by MICROTEC, Sunnyvale CA.

24998-18643_Rev-5000.src
24998-18644_Rev-5000.src

Those tools were used to build the microcode for the A600 CPUs.