atex system in Houston

Wayne S Wayne.Sudol at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 14:05:56 CDT 2019

I echo the reliability requirement. Classified ad sales was the biggest revenue generator back then so Newpapers would throw a lot of development money at them to make them reliable. A classified sales rep would be on the phone to a customer, taking the text of the ad and typing it directly into the system so you couldn't afford the system to suddenly crash.

This happened to us. when the CSE system was replaced with one from Ctext using pc's and OS/2 starting about 1097. After a while, the sales reps started jotting down of the text on notepads because they knew the system might fail at any time.

Anyway you did have a very fun and cool job.

Sent from my iPhone