DECnet License for older VAX VMS

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Wed Mar 6 17:22:41 CST 2019

On 03/06/2019 04:07 PM, Brian Roth via cctalk wrote:
> Hello,I have a current hobbyists license for OpenVMS 7.3 and a handful
> of simulated VAXen. I wanted to add my simulated 11/780 and 11/782 to my
> DECnet and wondered if there was a (legal of course) license workaround
> to install networking on an older version such as 4.4. The current PAKS
> will not work.Brian.

My discussions 4 ~ 6 month ago with people from the Hobbyist License
program told me that I could (re)use my single hobbyist license on
multiple VAXen, physical and / or virtual.

If you are worried or want confirmation, please send the contact for
your existing license an email.  Or go through the Hobbyist License
front door and inquire.

They were quite friendly and seemed happy to answer my questions.  The
worst was the sometimes multi-day turn around time.  But I'm not
complaining for something free.  :-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die