IBM 3174 C 6.4 Microcode Disks?

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Mar 5 16:17:06 CST 2019

On 03/05/2019 02:18 PM, Kevin Monceaux via cctalk wrote:
> Our RS/6000 running DirectTalk/6000 had one VTAM LU for each voice channel
> so that each call had its own dedicated 3270 session.  Under the "3270
> Operations" display it would show the list of LUs, and which, if any,
> scripts were running on them.

Interesting.

Was that some sort of requirement from the mainframe side that each
voice channel had a VTAM LU definition?

Or was it simply to ensure that there was a large enough pool to not
have any contention when the RS/6000 needed to make connections 3270 to
the mainframe for each voice channel at the same time?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die