Rainbow 100 PSU capacitor list

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:52:00 CST 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 1:21 PM Alan Perry via cctech
<cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that I need to re-cap the power supply in a Rainbow 100. Does
> anyone here know if anyone has put together a list of capacitors used in
> the power supply that I can use to order parts?

I don't have a list (I just got a pair of Rainbows last month) but
given the era of manufacture, I'd be looking for Rifa EMI filter caps
by the power inlet.  I've had those fail in BA23 cabinets and in a
Commodore D9060 hard drive, and a TRS-80 Model 4.

This is totally different than failing/bulging electrolytics.

-ethan