OT: the end of Dyn DNS

Charles Dickman chd at chdickman.com
Fri Jun 28 21:44:00 CDT 2019

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 1:55 AM Ali via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> > > Now that Dyn has been absorbed by Oracle I need a new DNS service
> > > for my vanity domain. I welcome suggestions for a replacement
> > provider.
>
> What is the exact issue here? As I understand it DynDNS is still being
> offered as a service. Is it because there is no longer a free option?

This is a quote from the email I received regarding the Standard DNS
service. It was not the free service.

"Now that this integration work is complete, Oracle is announcing the
end-of-life of the Standard DNS service in favor of our upgraded version on
the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform. On May 31, 2020, the “EOL Date”,
the Standard DNS will be retired and will no longer be available. The
upgrade to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure will require some actions on your
part and must be completed on or before the EOL Date. "

I take this to mean that I have one year to migrate to Oracle or move along.

-Ali