DNS and Registrar

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Fri Jun 28 03:46:54 CDT 2019

Grant Taylor wrote:

> That's why I have my master that I can do anything and everything I want
> to, and outsource to slave secondaries.  Linode, my VPS provider, has
> five different DNS servers that (I belie) are geographically diverse.
> It will be quite a bit harder to take out all five of their DNS servers.
>   Plus, I don't have to pay for connectivity in five different
> locations.  ;-)

I have issues with customers of (or possibly "customers" of) Linode regularly
probing my network.  On complaining to Linode, the response I get is more or
less "oh they're entitled to do that".  Linode distributes the ip addresses
responsible for this activity across various netblocks and moves them from
time to time so my response is to filter out anything to do with Linode from
here.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.