Missing posts in archive and no Subject: line

Steve Malikoff steven at malikoff.com
Tue Jun 18 19:10:52 CDT 2019

Noel said

> I'm not sure what happened, but I note the next post had no Subject: line,
> and I'm wondering if that caused it. So best to make sure your posts have
> Subject: lines.
>
> 	Noel

When I posted the bit about the 360 + car photo the other day, I had a subject
line ready to go and I thought I had pasted it into the Subject, but could have
pasted into the wrong field before I hit the Submit. We've all done this I'm sure.

It soon bounced back to me from the cctalk list manager but I was a little surprised
it had made it to the list with a (no subject). Now the interesting thing is, my
message is available in the June archive, but Lawrence's followup with the
Re: (no subject) title wasn't processed by the list and as such there is no clickable
link to his reply there, only his name:
http://classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2019-June/thread.html

Steve.