Missing posts in archive and no Subject: line

Joe Zatarski joezatarski at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 13:54:56 CDT 2019

> So, a couple of posts yesterday did not show up in the date archive:
>
>   http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2019-June/date.html
>
> which is how I read the list. They are:
>
>   Software for Fairy YL-23 IC tester wanted
>   http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2019-June/048094.html
>   http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2019-June/048096.html
>
>   DEC KA650 VAX memory troubleshooting (video)
>   http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2019-June/048095.html
>   http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2019-June/048097.html
>
> I'm not sure what happened, but I note the next post had no Subject: line,
> and I'm wondering if that caused it. So best to make sure your posts have
> Subject: lines.
>
> Noel

This is a function of the way the two lists work, I think. The posts you
mentioned were sent to cctech. As I understand it, that list is moderated
to ensure it stays on topic. After they've been approved, they will make it
onto cctalk as well. This causes a delay, and sometimes posts don't make it
into the archive list until they are hours old. You'll notice these posts
are now in both archives. The post with no subject had nothing to do with
it, that's just a red herring. This is the behavior of the mailing list for
as long as I remember, though I've only been on here a few years.