Connecting LK250 to VAXmate

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 08:45:31 CDT 2019

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019, 03:28 Rob Jarratt via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> I recently acquired a VAXmate with an LK250 keyboard. The problem is the
> keyboard came without the cable. It uses an 8-pin SDL connector and the
> usual tiny MMJ-like connector at the keyboard end. I don't know the pinout
> and I don't have the necessary crimping tools, is there any source for such
> a cable?

Is it actually MMJ, with the offset pin, like a DEC serial cable? Or is it
just an RJ connector like a telephone handset?  And is the SDL end the same
type as on an IBM model M keyboard?

I have a VAXmate buried in storage. With enough prodding I could dig it out
and try to determine the pinout of the cable.