One of the deeper dives into RISC vs CISC I've seen

alan at alanlee.org alan at alanlee.org
Wed Jun 12 15:47:58 CDT 2019

I especially appreciated he not only offered an opinion - his specific
ideas on where the boarder between RISC and CISC was - but then provided
an analysis of a bunch of processors based on those criteria and an
analysis of the outliers that challenged his criteria.  It's a well
thought-out and explained opinion that just doesn't happen often on the
Internet.

I assume from RS/6000, he meant generally the Power gen 1 architecture.
And IBM RT/PC he meant ROMP.  I'm pretty sure Alpha was well established
when he wrote the analysis.  Would have been nice to see that included.
If I had more time, I'd research it.  Maybe SuperH and WE32 as well.

Thanks for sharing! +1

-Alan H.