VAX ODT console fault

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Wed Jun 12 03:41:56 CDT 2019

On Jun 12, 2019, at 1:25 AM, r.stricklin wrote:

> I have a BA23 VAX of unknown provenance, which tonight I moved from the project backlog to the workbench. It comes up and passes selftest. But any key I press on the console terminal is repeated a couple dozen times (to the limit of the input line length?). This makes it impossible to interact with ODT.

If I install a spare KA630-A and 8 MB memory board, I get a similar fault where chevrons repeat to infinity. This seems to suggest it's a fault between the CPU and my terminal. Can this be the result of a bulkhead or other cable problem?

KA630-A.V1.3

Performing normal system tests.

  7..6..5..4..3..

Tests completed.