tape seals?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Jun 7 13:06:04 CDT 2019

On 6/7/19 8:25 AM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
> On 06/05/2019 06:05 PM, Stan Sieler via cctalk wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think someone was looking for tape seals for 9 track tapes, a few weeks
>> ago.
>>
>> If they can contact me offline, I have about 20 of varying sizes for
>> shipping cost or local pickup.
> My experience with them is that the seal bands are quite long-lasting,
> but the black ends that snap in tend to crack after a while.  These
> small parts could likely be reverse engineered and made on a 3D printer.
That's *definitely* not my experience.  I don't think I've ever had a
"hook" failure.

I process tapes in batches of five--five in the oven, five in the
cleaner, five to be photographed and five to be read.  They're returned
to the customer in 12x12x12 boxes in batches of 10.

Out of the new batch of five out of the oven this morning, here are two
samples of what I see:

https://i.imgur.com/HRYYs8Z.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zMQ8Jmw.jpg

Notice that these are official "TapeSeal" bands, not some knockoff.
Granted, most of the stuff I get is from the 1960s and 70s; the two
reels shown above were probably new sometime around 1968-71.

--Chuck