dBase IV for VAX/VMS (was WordPerfect 5.1+ for VMS)

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Sat Jul 20 15:37:01 CDT 2019

I never could figure out why would anybody need dbase IV when RMS was
built into the VAX file system?

I once did a media conversion from Vax to PC where the programmers said
the uVax II was as slow as molasses, then I found that they had the data
stored as a flat ASCII file !

--
Nigel Johnson
MSc., MIEEE

Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!

You can reach me by voice on Skype:  TILBURY2591

If time travel ever will be possible, it already is. Ask me again yesterday

This e-mail is not and cannot, by its nature, be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the way.
    Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson at ieee.org>

Please consider the environment when deciding if you really need to print this message