Computer Reset shop, liquidation. (USA)

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757.org
Wed Jul 17 10:42:21 CDT 2019

> I'd agree in prinicpal, but if even 0.1% of LGR's 1M youtube followers try
> to show up one day, it'd be a Problem.  More people going will create a
> bigger headache for the volunteers helping to deal with the situation and
> might end up in no one getting anything.  There's some threshold where
> instead of "more people getting retrocomputers", it's "This is too much
> stress, so it's all going to a landfill". I've been overwhelmed trying to
> deal with my own collection sometimes; I can't imagine having 10-20x the
> space filled up would be like.

I doubt .1% of LGR's followers are going to show up. Perhaps a few will
inquire.

> It's way too easy to keep growing the collection (more space is expensive
> and stuff takes a lot more time to curate and organize than acquire) until

Right, and much of the younger generation is shut out of decent property
ownership thanks to the asset bubble (which includes retrocomputers.) So
this will curtail a lot of them from trying to aquire huge loads of old
computers since they're presented with overpriced housing near the job
centers. The half of the population profits from this thinks it's good
for some reason. That's why a lot of people will watch it on youtube
instead.

--
: Ethan O'Toole