Margaret Hamilton Guardian interview.

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Jul 14 12:26:07 CDT 2019

    > From: Richard Loken

    > I have never heard of her before and had no idea.

There are two books from participants in the development of the AGC
software (both of which I highly recommend) which mention her:

    Hugh Blair-Smith, "Left Brains for the Right Stuff: Computers, Space, and
	History", Sdp Publishing, East Bridgewater, 2015
    Don Eyles, "Sunburst and Luminary: An Apollo Memoir",
	Fort Point Press, Boston, 2017

The latter has somewhat grumpy note (pg. 342) which points out that she
was only appointed to a management role in early 1970, after the first
landing. It also points out that Hal Laning originated the concepts of
"asynchronous software" and "priority scheduling".

Eldon C. Hall's excellent project history, "Journey to the Moon: The
History of the Apollo Guidance Computer" (which covers both h/w and
s/w) doesn't mention her.

	Noel