Wtd: advice upcoming visit to Bletchley Park / comp museum

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 07:53:24 CDT 2019

Liam,

 As one of the TNMOC Members (roughly equivalent to "friends" in other museums) I don't think Bletchley Park would collapse without TNMOC. It has huge income from renting out buildings other than those TNMOC use.
 It has many visitors who are interesting in the place and the story and the tearoom who don't care about technology. In deference to them it has removed most of the technology, (and paid to move the Bombe but not for the room re-fit)
 It has basically adopted the "Tea Room" strategy used by the National Trust in the UK. Keep your visitors on-site after their visit by offering a very nice expensive and profitable tea room.
 It also won considerable lottery funding and is pretty affluent:-

https://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?subid=0&regid=1012743

in contrast TNMOC has received no government money (all donations welcome), receives fewer visitors, and has to be careful with its money....

I wouldn't like to comment on relationships, but they appeal to very different audiences. There is now some signage at the main gate but its minimal...

Dave