Wtd: advice upcoming visit to Bletchley Park / comp museum

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 06:43:48 CDT 2019

> To echo what others have said:
>
> * you will have around an hour and a half at the museum. I would say
> that's about the right ballpark.
>
> * there are 2 _entirely separate_ museums on the Bletchley Park site:
> ** Bletchley Park: https://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/
> ** The National Museum of Computing: https://www.tnmoc.org/
>
> The BP Museum is just a museum and this largely devoid of anything of
> tech interest.
>
> TNMOC has the interesting technology, such as Colossus and so on. It
> happens to be situated on the site of BP and in some BP huts and
> buildings.

I have some hand written code for the Elliot 802 and I spoke with Peter
Onion who runs the Elliot 803 machine, he is going to meet me there.  So
all I need is time enough for that and my focus is the Elliot 802, so I can
drop off my code in person.  Seems like a lot but I just want to be sure to
see the Elliot 803 while I am around.
Bill