old gcc #pragma handling

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Tue Jan 29 18:16:27 CST 2019

> Hi,
>
> I knew that since ~20 yrs, but I didn't know the affected gcc
> version(s). According to http://toni.technetium.be/hacker/pragma.htm
> this "special" pragma handling should be in gcc 1.34.
>
> But I cannot find gcc 1.34. ftp.gnu.org has gcc-1.30.atari (where the
> sequence doesn't exist), and gcc-1.35 (where it's "#if 0"ed).
>
> Does anyone know where to find the source code of gcc 1.34?

As far as I can see, the "special" pragma handling is in gcc 0.90 (in cccp.c)
and is enclosed by #if 0 / #endif by gcc 1.21 or earlier.

(This is probably the closest I've ever been to gcc v.anything so I may be
barking up the wrong tree entirely.  Maybe there was one of those version
number reorganisations?)

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.