early PDP-11/45 info sought

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Sun Jan 27 18:40:01 CST 2019

Those reading through the recent "PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem" thread here will know that I've gotten to some corners of my 11/45 CPU now that don't match up with the commonly available engineering drawings.

My /45 is an early serial number (#152).  So far I've verified hardware differences on at least my M8100 and M8105 cards and spares, relating to parity error abort handling.  I would really like to track down any of the following resources:

- PDP 11/45 system engineering drawings *earlier* than those currently available on bitsavers (Jun '74)

- Any PDP 11/45 backplane wire list (what looks to be a wire list in the currently available engineering drawings is actually only a breakdown of the power harness.)

- PDP 11/45 ECO information, particularly the following:

    M8100  00003
    M8103  00005
    M8105  00005
    M8106  00007, 00008, 00012, 00012A
    M8110  00008

    KB11-A 00015

Bitsavers seems to have a DEC-O-LOG for M8105, but this does not contain specifics on cuts and jumps for ECO 00005, referring only to the associated "kit".  DEC-O-LOGs for the other processor boards are missing.

If anybody thinks they might have any of this info squirreled away anywhere, I'd really love to find out more about it!

Parts of the ECO's are pretty easy to figure, just by comparing the state of my existing boards to the '74 drawings.  But other parts not so much...

    thanks much,
      --FritzM.