OT Parts houses & scrappers

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:40:05 CST 2019

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 9:48 AM Jay West via cctech
<cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Kudos to Jesse for working with me offlist, I feel I've gotten a good deal. I appreciate the offers to help purchase, very much, but I got this taken care of directly with Jesse and I'm happy.
>
> We have to understand, as others pointed out, that if no one speaks up for stuff at a price that can keep the parts houses in business then the parts won't be around. By the same token, the parts houses have to know we can't pay typical full price that corporations/military can. We must be willing to pay something above scrap value, of course.
>
> I ask folks to keep an open mind and give Jesse a fair shake moving forward.

Also, the dealers in this gear disappear over time if they can't stay
in business. I bought some HP cables from 360 Technologies
(360tech.com) last year and now they are gone. Anyone know what
happened to whatever was left of their stock? Is Monterey Bay
Communications (www.montbay.com) still in business or have they been
gone for a while? I think I sent them an email inquiry a few months
back and never got a response. Any other dealers with HP 1000 gear
that are still in business?