PDP-11 ID page, a few images needed

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Sat Jan 26 09:10:35 CST 2019

> On Jan 24, 2019, at 8:44 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Don't forget the quad-height /73 board, it's much nicer than the
>> dual-height boards.
>
> That's the KDJ11-B, no? That's there.

Okay, I obviously missed it.

>> Is a /44 really worth that much now?!?!
>
> Hey, one just went for more than that: eBait #183624991924, $3K! Admittedly,
> that one was loaded, but the page does say "a number of factors will cause
> them to vary considerably from the numbers given here ... Exactly which
> peripherals and memory are included".
>
> But I did adjust the number a bit - the boards are going for about $50 each,
> and add in a BA11-A, it's probably $700 for a bare machine. Actually, I
> really need to check all the numbers.

That price might have been due to the RM02 or tape drive.

Mine has a 2nd rack with Dual RL02’s, as well as an RX02 and a TU58 in the main rack.  I tend to think that’s likely a slightly more common config.  The nice thing about mine is the SCSI adapter.  I’d picked up a 3rd rack for it, with a  9-track drive, but gave that away to Jim Willing before he left town to buy a bowling alley.

> But I think I'd rather get the QBUS boxes sorted out first; I pretty much
> only know the BA11's. If someone could tell me what later boxes to list,
> above the BA23, (which I also need an image of), that would be very helpful.

The most obvious is the BA123.  A /73 in a BA123 makes for a *VERY* nice system, especially if you have removable SCSI disk trays.

Something that comes to mind is the DECserver 500/550, it’s a PDP-11/53 with a different PROM.  IIRC, it was typically in a rack-mount BA213 chassis.  I think that I have at least parts for one around here somewhere.

Zane