Jesse and the ebay mess

Electronics Plus sales at elecplus.com
Thu Jan 24 16:26:48 CST 2019

I just got off the phone with Jesse at  Cypress. He said he did not post the
gold and tantalum items on ebay. It is someone else, trying to cast a bad
name on him.

I explained to him that the list would really like to work with him, and
that old HP stuff is wanted. He explained that each item is put into a
system, fully tested, and has warranty and follow up support if needed, so
prices are not low. I explained to him that many list members can do board
level repairs.

I suggested a "garage sale" type scenario, where he offers as-is equip, to
save the costs of paying a tech to test everything. He is open to that idea.
He has pallets of old terminals and keyboards that he does not work on
anymore, so no warranty. I told him that if he would test the monitor to
make sure it turns on, and include a complete matching keyboard, members
would prob pay about $85 plus shipping for a set. He does have a 150, and a
lot of 1970s and 80s terminals and keyboards. He said he will gather them
together and do a basic test and offer some out, on an as-is basis.

Please understand that he is a business (for the past 30 years), and he does
have to cover costs of storage, technicians, etc. No, he won't sell stuff
for $5. It costs him more than that to pay someone to find the stuff and
pack it. Please bear his needs in mind too.

Cindy Croxton

Electronics Plus

1613 Water Street

Kerrville, TX 78028