PDP-11 Memory

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:11:27 CST 2019

> On 11 Jan 2019, at 23:59, Ethan Dicks via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 4:39 PM Pete Turnbull via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>> Mine are all BA23.  Wasn't the BA123 for the MicroVAX?
>>
>> No, it was introduced for the microPDP-11 series, and only later used
>> for MicroVAX and MicroVAX-II.  There are many microPDP-11/83 machines in
>> BA123 cabinets, it was a very popular option because of the space for
>> storage devices and the extra backplane slots.
>
> Hmm... I did not know they put the 11/83 in a BA123.  It makes sense
> since, as you say, there's room for storage devices and plenty of
> slots.

It’s going back severalteen years now but I’m pretty sure I built a Micro 73 into a BA123, it’s a CD22 backplane after all. I still have all the cards AND the BA123 but I’m supposed to be turning it back into the MVII it was originally, back in 1986 when it was called FRUIT.

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest private home computer collection?