Interest in a DiscFerret?

Chris Pye pye at mactec.com.au
Thu Jan 10 19:16:07 CST 2019

> On 11 Jan 2019, at 10:33 am, Guy Dunphy via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> That's a very good point, thanks. Hadn't occured to me, but of course the
> vast majority of Apple IIs ever sold used the 16 sector format. So that was
> the target market.
> Since almost all my A2 disks are DOS 3.2 13 sector, sounds like reading them
> with the A2 then transferring contents to PC via some link is the way to go.
>
> Hmm, I was given an Apple IIe about two decades ago, but never used it. Presumably
> my Apple DOS 3.2 driver card would work in that, and it could boot DOS 3.2
> Possibly that's a fallback plan if I can't resolve the severely flakey operation
> of my early model, massively hacked Apple II. Assuming the IIe is less flakey.

There is a 13 sector version of ADTPro. All you need is a working Apple II or IIe with a floppy drive and serial card (or ethernet card).
It can even bootstrap the Apple into 13 sector DOS 3.2 mode and then you can read and transfer disk images to a PC via serial or ethernet.
Then use CiderPress to read the files from the disk images.