Bogus "account hacked" message

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 8 15:45:42 CST 2019

On 01/08/2019 02:40 PM, Diane Bruce wrote:
> Correct. What happens is people start rotating passwords 12345 23451 etc.
> that sort of thing. Bad.

Yep.

I think people are also more willing, if not actually inclined, to
memorize a better password if they can use it for more than 90 days.

> But not so bad if you are actually careful to use good passwords you
> never re-use.

True.

I would also think that the people that voluntarily change their
passwords will have a significant overlap with the users that use good
passwords.

> Certainly never re-use a password for more than one purpose.

True.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die