PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Jan 7 18:11:43 CST 2019

    > From: Fritz Mueller

    > Thanks, Noel -- I'll give that a try!

Sure - always glad to help with anything V6 related - that's my chief
technical amusement, now that I'm retired! :-) Any questions/issues, let me
know, and I'll try and get right back.

When booting UNIX, remember make sure the switches on your /45 are set to
0173030, so it comes up single-user!

(Might we worth checking to see if all the bits in the SR are working, but
you've probably already done that as part of bringing the machine up? I
wonder if a failure there could cause the RSTS issue? It's so cool that you
have a working /45! I have yet to start on mine...)

And do icheck/dcheck every time you bring it up, and make sure to 'sync'
before halting... These old systems are not as robust in terms of the file
system!

And when it gets to putting together a /45 version of the OS, that new
page I just did should help.

	Noel