off topic - capatob - saratov2 computer Russsian pdp8? HELP

Bob Smith bobsmithofd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 08:08:03 CST 2019

https://hapoc2015.sciencesconf.org/file/176702

gives a Little more history on Soviet copies of computers.
The timing of the production of the Capatob 2 seems to make it a
PDP8/L clone, not an M. What is called the 8 is really based on the 5,
used 6-bit bytes, 12 bit words, and was Octal based - memory was the
most expensive part of the system at least through the early 70s, and
thus 12 bit words for double precision, 24bits, was a reasonable
approach for a scientific computer.
bb