PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Thu Jan 3 10:51:53 CST 2019

Hi Paul,

> On Jan 3, 2019, at 7:01 AM, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I have a Monitor ODT manual from RSTS V4, I should find a way to make that available.  It's pretty nearly standard ODT, there are a few extensions for mapping addresses

Bitsavers has some docs for ODT from contemporaneous versions of RSX-11, which have seemed close enough to get me going with some experimentation.

> To find LOG$DK, you can either look in the link map (RSTS.MAP) from the SYSGEN, or ask the init PATCH option to tell you

So, I don’t see a LOG$DK in my V06C RSTS.MAP (though I do have LOG$KB and LOG$TM).  PA returns “address above module bounds” when looking for it, which I assume means it searched without finding it.  Perhaps I missed a sysgen option for device logging or some such?  I’ll go back and take a look…

Thanks again for the help and tips!

  —-FritzM.