On Scanning

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Tue Jan 1 12:28:16 CST 2019

Very nice book scanner!There is  probably a  second  career    out there  for  you if  you  chose to  make them!Ed#
In a message dated 1/1/2019 11:01:31 AM US Mountain Standard Time, cctalk at classiccmp.org writes:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2019, Guy Dunphy via cctalk wrote:

> This may be a good place to mention a text I began writing some while ago:
>
> On Scanning.
>  http://everist.org/temp/__On_scanning.htm
>
> Meant to be a 'how to' about scanning and post-processing techniques, written as I
> explored that myself. It's not finished because I was working on a solution to the
> 'screened images with overlaid sharp text' post-processing problem, when sidetracked.
> As often happens with me. Also that project diverged into the whole text encoding
> thing. Which I can't discuss, but I *can* discuss scanning issues.
>
> Anyway, any comments, corrections and suggestions for extra material are welcome.

Here's a video on a diy book scanner I built in order to scan all the
Crescent Software documentation I got.  Seems relevant to this. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwLAbgRpDE

(Crescent Software archive is here:
http://annex.retroarchive.org/crescent)

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby.  Geeks collect hobbies.