PDP-11/60 manuals needed

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:05:19 CST 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 5:09 PM Noel Chiappa via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

>     > From: Ethan Dicks
>     > Is it by any chance EK-KD11K-TM-001?
>
>     > That part number is for a print-set
>
> Uhh, no. Looking at the fiche version, EP-KD11K-TM-001, it has lots and lots
> of text blocks (which I can't read without a fiche reader, of course).

Ah... I've seen Tech Manuals printed as 2-up on C-sized paper,
sometimes with interstitial 11"x17" drawings that would have been
fold-outs in 8.5"x11" format.

> We do seem to have the print sets:
>
>   MP00166       11/60 System (chassis, power contoller, etc)
>   MP00409       KD11-K CPU
>   MP00500       WCS (M7870)
>   MP00429       FP11-E

Cool (MPxxxxx should be Maintenance Prints)

> but I'm not desperate enough to learn the -11/60 by looking at them!

Totally fair.

>     > I'm following the discussion because I have the two BA11 cabinets for
>     > an 11/60, the PSUs, and the front panel (I'm missing the rack).
>
> And by 'the rack', I'm guessing that includes the backplane? Looking through
> the prints, I think I didn't see details on it (alas).

No... "the rack" is just the outer box with rails (not an H960 -
whatever the designation is for the odd 11/60 cabinet).  The
backplanes are in the BA11s.

I seem to have both MOS and core memory and, I am fairly sure, an
RK611, along with the CPU.  I need to take a module inventory.

-ethan