OT: Phone museum seeks new owner

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Wed Feb 20 09:53:19 CST 2019

On 2/20/19 7:39 AM, geneb wrote:
> They may have a physical presence in the EU, which would cause the GDPR
> to apply to them.  However, for companies with no physical presense in
> the EU, I don't see how the law could apply.

I agree with your logic.

However your valid logic is contrary to my understanding.

I've seen reference to too many entities that don't have a presence in
the EU that are doing things like blocking EU access to websites
specifically because of GDPR.

I don't have details on /how/ GDPR applies or /why/ people in the US are
running scared of it.  But I've seen many references to people doing
exactly that.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die