Ultimate FDC? (Was: IBM 6360 - Filesystem(ish) info?

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Tue Feb 19 17:09:45 CST 2019

Fred,

Are we being a little sarcastic or serious? :)Honestly, a sw implementation would be interesting but would it work on vintage hw? Or are you suggesting for use only with a modern system? For example here is my dilemma: my stinkers, whom you have met, are getting old enough to want to mess with my stuff. *shudder* i mean cool! but I really don't want them ruining my one actual original disk for any programs I own. So what I do is make backup copies just like in the old days. And before someone suggests emulators, it is just not the same. I mean if we wanted to emulate everything why bother even preserving hardware?Problem is when we have copy protection, as many games or old SW do, then you need a Copy II PC board. I have one and they are fairly common but ridiculously expensive now a days. So it would be nice if the functions could be duplicated in an easy to use manner. Kyro Flux is powerful but not for everyone. I want an FDC that would cover 90% of the vintage hobby (i.e. Apple II, Mac, and IBM). An FDC that combines a CompatiCard IV with a copy ii pc deluxe and a Match Point card would cover all of the above plus then some.Just a thought.... ;D