PDP-11 disk image question

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:37:30 CST 2019

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 5:39 AM Bill Gunshannon via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> All sounds like fun, but if the two emulations don't do RA81
> correctly the information doesn't really do me much good.  I
> certainly can't change the CQD's idea of what an RA81 is.

I have mostly used CMD CQD-220/TM controllers. As far as I remember
they do not have an RA drive emulation option.

I also have some of the newer CMD CQD-220A/E controllers (the 220A/E
being Either MSCP or TMSCP but not both at the same time, while the
220A/TM can be both MSCP and TMSCP at the same time). I'll see if I
can find some time today to take a look at the RA drive emulation
option using a CMD CQD-220A/E controller, and see exactly what it
reports for MSCP drive geometry.